[X4U] Pros and Cons of Time Capsule?

Konrad Waibel overloadinfo at charter.net
Thu Dec 4 13:55:23 PST 2008

I'm backing up my Feb '08 MBP with TM/TC using the 500GB version
since March.  For once I was an early adopter.  Convenient to use
when I had to retrieve an older version of an application for my
'touch' after I decided the newer version had too many
advertisements.  I would call myself a casual user, not advanced, and
I think the TC was designed for me to be comfortable backing up.  Two
problems setting it up, one I created out of ignorance, the other was
solved by tech service over the phone [the tech walked me thru step-
by-step telling me what to click and type, we were on the phone for
90 minutes] because it was an Apple glitch in the first TC's shipped.

The TC does get warm so it sits apart.  The range easily covers my
whole house.  I had to change the channel [on the advise of the Apple
tech] to get the best reception because most of the houses around
were all on one channel.  I have added the firmware updates [7.3.2].
It does seem very slow at times.

I can't think of any problems other than the initial set-up, and
frankly that was painless, just a little annoying.

I still use a stand-alone HD for an old iMac G4 and drag/drop, easier
for me to keep them isolated.