[X4U] Apple QC slipping?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Tue Dec 16 23:13:42 PST 2008

On Dec 16, 2008, at 3:04 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> The "quality" (as far as hardware goes) seems "OK" to me. The
> software is a different issue. I do not care for the INTEL decision
> while it might be "OK" for some it is basically a corporate sell
> out of all MAC owners AFAIAC. When faced with a similar issue at
> least one manufacture went out and "invented" a better way and the
> company is much better for it. Apples sellout to INTEL was a
> techies shortsightedness and we will all pay for it soon, IMO.

The only difference that I've seen since the switch to Intel
processors has been an increase in performance, and some Macs running
cooler.  I haven't seen any downside to the switch for end users.
Even older non-native software runs faster on the latest Macs.

But who knows...Apple recently purchased a processor manufacturing
company, P.A. Semi, that specializes in 64-bit processing, so its
always possible that Apple will switch processors again.
http://www.forbes.com/2008/04/23/apple-buys-pasemi-tech-ebiz-
cz_eb_0422apple.html

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance