[X4U] Re: Duplicating?

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Fri Dec 19 04:47:50 PST 2008

>John-
>
>I don't regard $69 for an empty box as particularly cheap. And, while
>Firewire 400 may be, in practice, faster than USB2 (though I'd like to
>see a citation that shows this), I wonder if the difference would be sig-
>nificant for most of us.

Just google:  "compare speed firewire 400 usb2" and you will find
lots and lots of such citations.
Here's one from a well-known source "Barefeats":
<http://www.barefeats.com/usb2.html"

Here's another that explains why firewire is faster:
<http://www.cwol.com/firewire/firewire-vs-usb.htm>

And, as for "most of us," here are a lot of less official tests, and
personal experiences, showing the same results:
<http://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-146640.html?>

Daly