[X4U] Sleep issues with v10.5.6

LA Licata lalicata at alum.rpi.edu
Mon Dec 29 06:22:09 PST 2008

Hi!

This happened to me for a while. Now it does not.

I reset PRAM and NVRAM on my G4 17' 10.4.11 for another reason, and
the sleep issue went away.....

Lee
On Dec 29, 2008, at 1600, Ed Gould wrote:

On Dec 29, 2008, at 5:27 AM, M.Milligan wrote:

> Has anyone else experienced this since the v10.5.6 update?
>
> I put my iMac to sleep with the sleep button on the blue apple.
> Sometimes when I awaken the iMac, I need to do a warm boot. It
> simply won't wake up.
>
> Sometimes it works OK, there's a few seconds interval before it
> wakes up once the mouse or key board is touched.
>
> Do I need to do something, set a radio button to on or off
> somewhere in v10.5.6?
>
> I thank you all in advance for your constructive assistance.
> Cheers, and Happy New Year and Sol Invictus to all.
>
> Murray
> Medicine Hat, AB

Murry:

Funny thing you ask. I am having a slightly different problem on
10.4.11. My energy settings are at  sleep never and display sleep is
15 minutes.
I will be typing and the system goes to sleep (display and drives).
Sometimes it comes back but most times I have to reboot. This seemed
to just start happening out of the blue. The only software I have
installed is Tech Tool Pro (4.6). I do not think this is it at all
but it is the only new software I have installed in several months.

Ed

ps: I did install some sort of screen saver but did not like it and
X4U mailing list
X4U at listserver.themacintoshguy.com