[X4U] Apple service

Matt Gregory mattgregory33 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 5 07:07:49 PST 2008

I recently had my first experience with Applecare.  2 months before the APP
ran out my 15" PB G4 stopped recognizing the memory installed in the lower
slot.  I was on the phone for maybe 1 hour going through some steps for the
rep and then she gave me the option of sending it in or taking it to a local
repair shop.  I opted for the latter and all-told had the PB back in working
order in 3 days.  This included 1 extra night where I couldn't pick it up
because the shop had closed early, so it should have been 2 days.
I was quite pleased with the service I got from Apple.  The repair shop
seemed to do a fine job, but I'm sure they won't get any repeat business
from me.

matt.