[X4U] HD almost FULL!!

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 7 18:46:35 PST 2008

>Hello All,
>
>My computer, an MDD DUAL 1.25 MHz / 2 GB RAM / 320 GB HD's /
>NETSCAPE 7.2 / OS X.4.7, has been telling me for a week now that my
>HD is almost FULL.
>
>Is it possible to re-partition without losing all of my information
>or do I just copy the HD to a storage disk and then set up new
>partitions?

If it's telling you that the disk is almost full, I don't see where
the extra space would come from for a re-partitioning. Even copying
to an external will not magically make more space on the original
disk.  On the other hand, if it  is nearly full, it is definitely a
good ideal to back up to an external just so you don't suddenly lose
all your data. Time to get rid of some stuff, of replace the drive
with a bigger one!

Daly