[X4U] Problems with MAIL after 2.1.2 update

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 7 19:01:38 PST 2008

On 02/06/08,  Ed Gould <edgould1948 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Feb 6, 2008, at 4:06 AM, Tim Collier wrote:
>
>> The last version of 10.4 was 10.4.10 then I upgraded to 10.5. Comcast is
>> one of my ISP's (the other is AT&T) and since the upgrade, all of the same
>> settings that I previously used with Comcast work fine as well as with
>> BellSouth (AT&T). Upgrade my friend!  Your problems will be solved.
>>
> 10.4 is the end of the line for me. I have a G5 and need Classic PERIOD.
> I need Word Perfect and no sheep saver or whatever .

lFine. Put a bootable backup/clone of your current 10.4 installation onto
another disk/volume internal (G5 towers hold more than one disk internally) or
external and install Leopard on it. When you want OS 9 boot into the Tiger
volume (or better yet OS 9 directly). That allows you to explore if Leopard
provides any benefits-personal experience and not what others say-while
retaining Tiger and OS 9.