[X4U] Erase and Setup

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Mon Feb 11 08:46:14 PST 2008

Perhaps purchasing an external firewire drive and using Carbon Copy
Cloner or Super Duper to make a copy of your internal startup drive.
Boot from the firewire drive to be sure everything is working well, if
so, reformat you internal hard drive and then copy back from the
external firewire drive.

I am not such a big fan of partitioning drives now. A long time ago it
was probably a useful technique but now the OS handles large numbers
of files much more elegantly.

You can buy a firewire enclosure and drive separately and build your
own external firewire device inexpensively these days.

Jens

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...