[X4U] Making a DVD copy-CSS protection

David Candler dcandler at sasktel.net
Mon Feb 11 10:56:42 PST 2008

On 10-Feb-08, at 11:39 PM, Crandon David wrote:

> I'll keep trying the other suggestions....meanwhile, what's the
> best way to rip the audio out of the DVD to put it on CD to play in
> my car...?
>
> Thanks,
>
> David

I recently did this and found a couple of apps that helped out.
You've already ripped the disk, so now you have to rip out the
audio.  I used bbDemux for this.  In my case it ripped out AC3 files
from the VOB files created by MTR.  Then I ran the AC3 files through
mAC3dec to encode them into mp3s which I imported into iTunes.

Both apps were pretty much just drag and drop simple.  bbDemux and
mAC3dec can both be found on VersionTracker.

David Candler     dcandler at sasktel.net
      Chaplin, Saskatchewan Canada