[X4U] Mozyhome or JungleDisk and S3 with Apple's Backup (or another backup program)?

Judi Sohn judisohn at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 03:00:37 PST 2008

I have been using JungleDisk (Plus) ever since I started moving around
a lot so it became inconvenient to backup to an external drive.

I use the JD application itself for the backup. It mounts your S3
store, I believe as a WebDAV server but don't quote me on that. The
icon looks like one. You can navigate around the drive like any
mounted volume, and your backups are real Finder files. That's why I
went with it over Mozy, since Restoring data is as easy as grabbing
files off a mounted drive.

The only limitation I've found is speed, of course. Online backups are
slower, but I was able to transfer around 13 GB of date in less than 3
days. Now that it only transfers data that has changed so on a daily
basis, it's much faster. Oh, and my first Amazon bill? $3.71.