[X4U] PowerMac recommendations

Matt Gregory mattgregory33 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 10:24:06 PST 2008

Thank you all for the great input.  I'm fairly uneducated about the desktop
products as I've been a notebook user exclusively for many years now.  I
guess I considered a G5 PowerMac and a new iMac more as equivalents.  But it
sounds like that's not necessarily the case.

Do you think I should be concerned with graphics card upgradability with the
iMac?  Given that gaming is a non-factor as I've never gravitated toward the
games that require any serious graphics muscle.  But I know Aperture uses
the GPU significantly so I suspect other apps to as well, or to be in future
versions.  Do you think that's a concern or are either of the graphics
options in the iMac acceptable for the foreseeable future?  (ATI HD
2400/128MB or ATI 2600 PRO/256MB).

Thanks again,
matt.