[X4U] Re: How to turn off URL pop up in Safari?

Bill Bauldry BauldryWC at appstate.edu
Wed Feb 20 06:48:35 PST 2008

On Feb 20, 2008, at 8:00 AM, x4u-
request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com wrote:

> Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:54:24 -0800
> From: Crandon David <tabdave at ca.rr.com>
> Subject: [X4U] How to turn off URL pop up in Safari?
>
> Can someone remind me how to turn off Safari's feature wear when your
> curser is over a link a popup shows you the URL?

Dave,

I believe you're seeing "ToolTips" with URLs on mouse hover events.
The easiest way I know to disable this is to open a Terminal window
and enter:
	defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitShowsURLsInToolTips 0
To turn it back on change that 0 at the end to a 1.

Good luck,
Bill
Wm C Bauldry, PhD
Professor of Interesting Stuff