[X4U] How to turn off URL pop up in Safari?

Dave B DaveB_Lists_1004 at gto.net
Wed Feb 20 07:40:04 PST 2008

Tooltips. You wish to disable tooltips. Can't fault you for that, they
can be quite the annoyance. Apple should give us that ability, but for
what ever reason, they've made it a hidden preference. You will need
to quit Safari, open Terminal.app and enter the following:

defaults write com.apple.Safari WebKitShowsURLsInToolTips 0

Then press enter. If you wish to re-enable the Tooltips, change the 0
to a 1.

HTH,
Dave

--
I picked up a Magic 8 Ball the other day and it said "Outlook not so
good."