[X4U] PowerMac recommendations

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Thu Feb 21 01:10:15 PST 2008

On 20 Feb 2008, at 16:34, N wrote:

> or minis to powerbooks... but that's the comparison the original
> poster began with anyway: this mac versus that mac.
>
> you strike a good point, Stroller: I don't mention Aperture
> performance. I don't have Aperture.
>
> But I DO have LIghtwave and Final Cut Studio, and I can assure you
> that they are both heavy hitters in the realm of CPU-intensive
> computing.

That's why it's a bad comparison. You mention "CPU-intensive", but
Aperture is particularly GPU-intensive.

In his original post Matt made this requirement for Aperture
performance: "when straightening a photo I'm willing to slow down and
be more deliberate, but not willing to lose track of when the
computer has caught up to my input". Therefore he needs to look at
GPU before he looks at CPU.

Stroller.