[X4U] E-Mail programs (Was: Users' judgments of the glossy screen?)

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Feb 28 04:38:07 PST 2008

Ed Gould wrote:

>Just a thought here. When I ran OE the DB was around 25G and it took
>a good 15 minutes to back it up and that meant OE could not be
>updating the DB while the back up was running. At least with
>individual messages this shouldn't(?) be an issue.
>
>BTW I threw out EUDORA as it crashed my *ENTIRE* system 4-5 times a
>day (on OS 9). At least with Apple mail when it does crash it does
>so seldomly enough that I can live with it. All my experiences
>before MAC were OS2 and the only app that crashed were windows based
>apps no OS/2 app ever crashed.

Amazing! I've been using Eudora for over a decade and it has never
crashed. Ever. I've used it on probably 12 different computers. There
was something wrong with your setup, that's for sure.  I must say, a
25 GB mail folder for OE sounds pretty extreme. I didn't know hard
drives were even that big in the days of OE!

Daly