[X4U] Extra Applications folder

Richard H Stoddard richardstoddard at mac.com
Thu Jan 10 17:59:37 PST 2008

On Jan 10, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Peter Saint James wrote:

> 	This function serves a situation where one machine has multiple
> users.  An app could be installed in the usual applications folder
> so everyone can use it or installed in the applications folder for
> just one user.  It keeps clueless parents from messing up the
> settings on the children's advanced software.

I have a new MacBook, and it does not/not have two application
folders. I'm the only user on it at the moment (no guest account or
other family member, unlike the iMac); does it create the second
folder in my home directory only when there are multiple users?  Am I
correct in assuming that I can manually create the second folder in my
home directory if I want to move some apps there in the event I do
create a guest account? I know I could try some of things on my own to
see whether this would work, but everything is working fine and I
hesitate to risk upsetting the apple cart playing with apps that way.

Thanks,
Rick