[X4U] Extra Applications folder

Peter Sealy pandcsealy at internode.on.net
Thu Jan 10 19:38:19 PST 2008

Just to complicate this issue a little:

I have a TiPB 867 10.4.11, now about 5 years [?] old - last Ti model
anyway. for as long as I can remember I have had one Applications
folder in root which holds all the Apple OS - installed apps and a
few extras I have put there, and one "Applications" folder in my Home
[Users] folder which has never had anything in it. I presume this
folder was created upon OS installation. I have created a separate
folder called "My Apps" in ~Users/me in which I install all the third
party apps I like to play with. When I did this it created just the
standard Folder icon. I have never had any other users for this
computer. I don't know if I am expected to locate my extra/third
party apps in the Users "Applications" folder. Anyone got an answer
for this? Not doing so has had no detrimental effect on the working
of any app from either root Applications or My Apps. What would
happen if I deleted the User Applications folder?

Any comments?

On Fri 11 Jan,, at 1:17 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> My own experience has been that the system provides only one
> Application folder, under the root. But if you add a folder called
> "Applications" under your user folder, it will automatically get a
> special icon from the system.
>
> But others are reporting that the user  Applications folder seems
> to be arriving by itself. I haven't seen that.

Peter Sealy
Thurgoona AUSTRALIA