[X4U] Extra Applications folder

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Thu Jan 10 19:57:04 PST 2008

At 9:51 AM -0600, 1/10/08, Terence Cozad wrote:

>I notice that a new Application folder suddenly appears in the Home folder.

The plan has always allowed for this folder. Some applications have
asked 'Do you want this available to all users or just you?'. If you
had selected just you, the application would get installed in your
Applications folder rather than the folder that sits at the root of
the drive. If you don't have this folder already there, you can just
create a folder in your Home folder, name it Applications and it will
automatically get the special icon.

>An Apple "genius" suggested a corrupted user account.

Sounds like he needs a bit more training.

>But, the problem comes back.

As noted, this is not a problem but rather a feature that is
currently not being made use of on your computer.
--

Robert Ameeti

He's turned his life around. He used to be depressed and miserable. Now he's miserable and depressed.
            -- David Frost