[X4U] Extra Applications folder

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Fri Jan 11 05:35:06 PST 2008

On 1/11/08 4:11 AM, Stroller wrote:

> I was a little surprised by this - I have definitely seen it on some
> Mac systems in the past, however, and thought it was normal. Perhaps,
> as Richard H Stoddard conjectures, the folder is only created when a
> second user is added.

Dual 2.0GHz G5, Mac OS X 10.4.10. I have an Applications folder -- bearing
the Applications folder icon upon it -- in my Users > linda folder. All it
has in it is a folder called "Install Adobe Creative Suite Ÿ", which has an
installer by the same name inside. The date on the app is the date which I
set up this Mac nearly three years ago.

I peeked inside the other User folders on this Mac; "dennis", "test", and
"linweide" do not show the folder, which I assume would show up in the list
of folders that all have red "-" signs on them? Or wouldn't it?

~Linda