[X4U] 35mm Slide Scanner for OS X iMac

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Tue Jan 15 19:49:11 PST 2008

>On 1/15/08 9:12 PM, Crandon David wrote:
>
>>  For 19cents
>>  each at 3000dpi,
>
>Where on earth can you get three thousand dpi slide scans done for 19 cents
>each?! I had some slides scanned for my husband's book and they were a
>minimum of $40 each. I'd love, love to know your source!

That is an insanely out-of-line price. I just put "scan slides san
diego" into Google and found a number of hits. Here's one:

<http://www.dvdyourmemories.com/scanning.html?gclid=CKe7jqfr-ZACFQU6awodlzMs2A>

If you are doing over 1500 slides, the price (with no restoration) is
at $1.09 per slide.

But you can see for yourself.

And here's one that came up in Massachusetts:
<http://www.saugus.net/Photos/scanning.shtml>
He's $1.89 per slide.

And so on. $40 per slide is not even remotely in line. Who was
charging you that??  Just use google for two minutes and you will be
flooded with other options at less that 1/20 of that price!!

Daly