[X4U] 35mm Slide Scanner for OS X iMac

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 20:01:54 PST 2008

On 1/15/08 9:49 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

>  $40 per slide is not even remotely in line. Who was
> charging you that??

The slides were removed from their frames, immersed in oil on a drum
scanner, and we got Matchprints and .tiffs.

I think this is a whole other ballpark from the links you posted. It didn't
even occur to me that these kind of lower-end shops exist!

$40 was the cheapest quote we got; other color houses wanted up to $79 each.

There must be a fundamental difference between those scans and these; those
scans took about 30 minutes each to perform for us (start to finish). No way
is DVD Your Memories working for $4/hour! :-)