[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Wed Jan 16 15:52:28 PST 2008

Speculating on what Apple was thinking . . . I am thinking they see a
future where devices like hard drives, DVD Drives, Cameras all have
wireless built in. Kind of makes some sense, if you have 3 computers
in your home why not share some of the peripherals? I'd bet that most
of the purchasers of the Air Books already own other Macs.

Thinking paradigm shift, software comes via the Internet, backups
happen wirelessly, is the weight and expense of the DVD drive
necessary? I'd say nope.

I clearly remember my Windows using friends (and many Mac users, too)
thinking it was stupid to not include a floppy drive.

So we may have just witnessed a change in direction for Apple.

Jens

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...