[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Wed Jan 16 16:33:58 PST 2008

> Thinking paradigm shift, software comes via the Internet, backups
> happen wirelessly, is the weight and expense of the DVD drive
> necessary? I'd say nope.
>
> I clearly remember my Windows using friends (and many Mac users, too)
> thinking it was stupid to not include a floppy drive.
>
> So we may have just witnessed a change in direction for Apple.

BLEEP!  <Smacks head!>  I think you're right.  I can't believe I didn't see
this, as just yesterday I was predicting optical drives disappearing in the
future.

I also thought the point in another message about simply taking it into the
Apple Store to install the software was interesting.  Disturbing, but
interesting.

I still think the MacBook Air will be a flop, but that doesn't mean it isn't
a sign of the future.

Zane