[X4U] Mail.app problems

Richard H Stoddard richardstoddard at mac.com
Sat Jan 19 12:35:43 PST 2008

I'm having increased problems with Mail.app. For awhile it would just
freeze up after downloading some mail, but the for last few days I've
had to repaid the mailboxes each time I started Mail.  A couple of
times when the restore was done, most mailboxes were empty, requiring
me to restore them from Time Machine.  I like the program for the most
part (other than not having the option to wrap text during compose),
but it's become too unreliable to use as it is. From looking at the
discussions on their support site, it's clear that I'm not the only
one having this problem.

Two questions:

1. Does anyone have any idea how to fix Mail?

2. Are there any other mail apps out there? I've looked at Powermail,
Thunderbird, Mailsmith, and Mulberry, but none of them quite measure
up.  Mulberry seems to have come the closest, but there is no way to
filter spam on POP accounts.  Are there any other mail apps I can
check out?  I have both IMAP and POP accounts, need a spam plugin
(preferably SpamSieve), and the ability to use GnuPG.

Thanks,
Rick

--
Richard Stoddard