[X4U] Mail.app problems

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 13:12:24 PST 2008

Rick wrote:

>2. Are there any other mail apps out there? I've looked at
>Powermail, Thunderbird, Mailsmith, and Mulberry, but none of them
>quite measure up.  Mulberry seems to have come the closest, but
>there is no way to filter spam on POP accounts.  Are there any other
>mail apps I can check out?  I have both IMAP and POP accounts, need
>a spam plugin (preferably SpamSieve), and the ability to use GnuPG.

  I've been using Eudora for at least 12 years, and continue to be
100% happy with it.  Though it is no longer being supported by
Qualcomm, you can still download the last version of it here:
<http://www.eudora.com/products/eudora/download/mac_osx.html#start>

I suggest you do so, even if you don't think you want to use it right
now. This link may die one of these days.
It is a superbly stable and configurablel email client. It is not a
calendar, note taker, reminder app, ar anything else. It does email,
and it does it very, very well. And it still works in Leopard.

Daly