[X4U] Mail.app problems

Richard H Stoddard richardstoddard at mac.com
Sat Jan 19 15:22:51 PST 2008

On Jan 19, 2008, at 4:12 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> I've been using Eudora for at least 12 years, and continue to be
> 100% happy with it.  Though it is no longer being supported by
> Qualcomm, you can still download the last version of it here:
> <http://www.eudora.com/products/eudora/download/mac_osx.html#start>
>
> I suggest you do so, even if you don't think you want to use it
> right now. This link may die one of these days.
> It is a superbly stable and configurablel email client. It is not a
> calendar, note taker, reminder app, ar anything else. It does email,
> and it does it very, very well. And it still works in Leopard.

I did download it and will give it a try. I used Eudora for years on
Windows until switching to TheBat! (which unfortunately doesn't have a
Mac version).  All I really want is a mail app that does mail well -
nothing too fancy, and I hate apps that try to be all things - they
usually end up doing nothing well.