[X4U] Combine User accounts in Leopard?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sat Jan 19 14:50:47 PST 2008

I just set up my new Mac Pro. For probably silly reasons, I created my main
administrator account and installed a few applications before running the
migration assistant to bring in things from my G5, where I had the same
Administrator Account names and password.

The Migration Assistant wouldn't bring things from the G5 into the already
existing identity on the Mac Pro, and I had to change the name and shortname
before it would import that data into the Mac Pro. So, now I have 98% of my
"stuff" (including user account library files) in one account that's from a
machine that ran 10.4.11, and 2% of my "stuff" in a new account on my Mac
Pro!

My thoughts regarding getting this stuff into one account include moving all
the folders in the user account from the G5 into the Shared folder, then
integrating it by hand with the main user account.

Anyone have better ideas?

Jim Robertson