[X4U] Leopard annoyance

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Jan 19 16:36:12 PST 2008

On 01/19/08, Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> When I open a folder it's usually not in the way I closed it.  Some I
> prefer as icon view, others as list view.
> Why can't Leopard remember it as I've set it?  I hadn't this in
> Tiger.  Is this a bug?

Finder->Help->MacHelp->search for 'foldeer view as"

> And some folders when opened are in a small size.  I've always to
> click the green button to make it maximum.

Open a window, CMD+J, select appropriate settings. If the problem persists,
move the com.apple.finder.plist file to the Desktop, OPTION-click the Dock's
Finder icon, and select Relaunch. Reset the Finder's preferences, and see if
that fixes the problem.

Maybe a trip to the Apple Discussions WRT Leopard
<http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=235> is in order. Most
of your issues have threads addressing them.