[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Sun Jan 20 20:15:36 PST 2008

On 21/01/2008, at 11:04 AM, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> Actually it's perfect for what I need a laptop for.  I'm complaining
> because it is outrageously overpriced for what it is.  Of course I
> have a bad feeling that once I see it, I'll also be complaining
> about the keyboard.
>
> I'll be blunt, the market seems to be for people with more money
> than brains.
>
> 		Zane

What other laptop computer that runs Mac OS X are you comparing it
with that you make a bland oversimplification that it is "outrageously
priced"?

What other laptop computer with any operating system that is out there
are you comparing it with that is a identical weight and size and power?

Why do you feel the need to insult people who wish to buy a laptop
that suits their needs, just because you don't want to spend the money?

The Air suits my needs and will more than likely make my traveling
life much easier, while being easier on my back and allowing me to run
Mac OS X while I'm on the road.

The MacBook doesn't. It is too heavy and far too thick.

The Air is the first of it's kind. There is nothing else out there in
either the Mac OS X marketplace or the Windows marketplace.

Recovering the research and development costs and delivering a brand
new product to marketplace costs money.

cjc