[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Jan 23 05:33:01 PST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008, at 3:13 AM, Christopher Collins wrote:

> Ah. So the Macbook Air isn't for you then!
>
> cjc
>
> --------------------

Not me and from a (admittedly) small sample of other friends who want/
need a notebook computer for work. Yes I still keep track of the
people in my former life and have carried on with my former job and
some that need a computer to take home after a day in the office as
they are on call 7X24 (like I was).
I have no idea as to what audience Apple is trying to attract with
this announcement. From what I have heard/seen on here it is the CEO
(more money than brains) bragging rights (or the 'uh" factor as
someone else on here). If that is the audience then fine don't go
around (on here) saying this is the best thing since sliced bread
(hint it ISN'T). I do not think CEO's hang around on here myself.
Sure there might be an odd one here and there (no disrespect meant).
But CEO's tend not to be tech savvy. They also don't tend do go for
the "UH" factor as they have arrived and don't need to impress
people, its the VP's other junior want-a-be that like that sort of
envy factor. Good for them, but again you won't find them on here
either. So all these people are trying to convince who, us? Wrong
place wrong crowd, sorry. Most of us have brains but not big
pocketbooks to throw money around.

Ed