[X4U] So close! Almost had a new convert...

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Wed Jan 23 13:51:33 PST 2008

On 1/23/08 12:46 PM, "Jesse Leo" <jleo at projectsupport.com> wrote:

> Moving her website over so she could work on it on the Mac would've been
> a huge chore, as it was created in MS FrontPage. Never having used FrontPage
> I cannot verify if this is accurate.

If she used a Microsoft program to develop her website for Internet Explorer
for Windows, it's entirely possible that the Mac would not suit her. MS has
development tools for IE that create pages that work in IE for Windows but
violate enough standards so that they don't work well in other browsers in
Windows and don't work AT ALL on the Mac. And, if her website is interactive
and requires ActiveX components, it will NEVER work on the Mac
(fortunately).

I'm forced to use a web application that was developed in Microsoft Visual
Studio. As a result, I have to use Windows. The product was developed with
"minimum requirements" of IE6 for Windows and Windows XP. When IE7 was
introduced, it broke. When Windows Vista was introduced, it broke again.

'nuff said.

Jim Robertson