[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Wed Jan 23 15:09:30 PST 2008

On Wed, Jan 23, 2008 at 03:29:31PM CST, Ed Gould <edgould1948 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Jan 23, 2008, at 10:15 AM, Linda wrote:
>> On 1/23/08 10:04 AM, Ed Gould wrote:
>>
>>> Look people I am not  attacking Apple and you come across as I am a
>>> sinner just because I  do not like the "new" toy that Apple is
>>> currently pushing. Get over it.
>>
>> No, you're not attacking Apple. You're attacking the people who don't
>> agree with you. You're attacking the people for whom this product
>> makes sense.  We are out here, trust me, whether you like it or not.
>> :-)
>
> I disagree with you that I am attacking people. Its a discussion (as far as
> I am concerned) thats a LOT different than attacking.
> If we can't discuss differences of opinion we might as well be in a foreign
> country that doesn't allow it. Please note *I* did not specify any country
> specifically and therefore you can't say I am attacking "someone". People
> you are preaching to the converted (or almost converted) frankly you are
> scaring people away that don't agree with "gospel according to Apple"

There are people who appear to be defending the MacBook Air for
various reasons.  You later call these people "stupid" or brand
them as "shills".  It may not be full-frontal attack.  But this
name-calling is exactly how an attack begins.

BTW, please grammar-check your replies.  Thanks.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/