[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Bill Fox wfoxjr at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 23 18:31:43 PST 2008

On Jan 23, 2008, at 3:23 PM, Linda wrote:

> On 1/23/08 5:19 PM, Christopher Collins wrote:
>
>> That is not a "discussion" That is a direct insult to people like me
>> and Linda (I think) who can see the Air as being a good purchase for
>> our needs.
>
> And Wendy, who as already preordered one.

...and Bill, i.e. right after I check out one with and one without an
SSD. A 2.25lb Windows machine with a 20GB 1.8" hard drive I tried out
was way too slow, not to mention its crappy quality, too-small 10"
screen, too-small keyboard, too-small hard drive, slow 1GHz Transmeta
CPU, Windows XP OS, 1.5-hr battery and $1800 price tag. A so-called 8-
hr battery lasted 5.5, doubled the weight and increased the price by
$300 as did an external DVD drive and its power brick that was
absolutely necessary for loading software. The MacBook Air is without
a doubt a winner in the ultra-portable market.

-Bill