[X4U] MW Expo; I'm underwhelmed

Wendy S. Austin wendy_austin at mac.com
Wed Jan 23 20:28:37 PST 2008

There is a lot of interest in the MacBook Air here, and this is a tiny
island in the Indian Ocean.   Whilst it is out of the price range for
many, they are impressed with look of the 'Air' and this has now got
them looking at Apple products generally.    We do have an Apple
reseller on the island.

The pilot group are largely Mac users with many switching over to
Apple after they have been sitting on a flight deck for hours
comparing each others laptops on not just looks, but reliability of
the OS.     Many of them are now waiting for the 'Air' to arrive in
the Apple stores in Europe and Australia so they can have a good look
at it, see what it does and does not do and make a decision from there.

Two have preordered them.    We also have a queue of people wanting to
buy Thomas's MacBook when he makes the change to the 'Air'.   I
believe the 'Air' is a great addition to the Apple laptop range.

Wendy