[X4U] errors on graphic display

Bill Bauldry BauldryWC at appstate.edu
Fri Jan 25 14:05:25 PST 2008

On Jan 25, 2008, at 4:48 PM, dgh <dghagey at mycybernet.net> wrote:

> Hi, I just did a reinstall of Tiger on my MacPro and now I'm having
> strange problems with my display. There are areas in the screen where
> extras lines are drawn or are missing. It really shows up with text.
> For some strange reason when I grab a screen image of it it won't be
> captured. These areas of extra or missing lines are only temporary
> and change when I switch programs.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DG Hagey

I had a similar thing happen on a two week old MacPro. It turned out
to be a bad video card. Apple Tech Support was great: not only a quick
resolution, but they express-shipped the card directly to me to swap
myself saving me a 3 hour drive to the closest dealer.

Anyway, I recommend that you get a check of your video card before
trying another reinstall.

Good luck,
Bill
William C Bauldry, PhD