[X4U] Hard drive space

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Fri Jan 25 15:37:47 PST 2008

Good idea Neil.

The problem is tho that the space comes back as soon as he reboot.
That makes it "unlikely" it would be the log files. Why would they
decrease just because he rebooted?

I Would have thought virtual memory is much more likely, that is the
area I would have searched in the pc world. And I don 't claim to be
any expert so I'm always looking to learn.

But you are right, the first thing to do is identify what file is
growing and then work from there.

I must admit from many years in many operating systems that I don't
like installing major upgrades over older operating systems (10.5 over
10.4). But that is what we have to work with so lets deal with it.

Find the file (files) that keep getting bigger and then we can go from
there.

cjc