[X4U] Leopard, one more problem

Eugene list-themacintoshguy at fsck.net
Sun Jan 27 19:25:30 PST 2008

On Sun, Jan 27, 2008 at 03:05:26PM CST, Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> wrote:

> When I wake the G5, I can't go to the internet in iTunes nor go to the
> internet or mail.
> I've to wait 15 minutes or so, or restart, then I can do it.
> I went to the Apple discussion sit, and I'm not alone.  Maybe 10.6 will fix it.
> I and so many others hadn't so many problems with an upgrade.

How are you connected to the Internet?  Under Network Preferences,
can you ping the IP address by the "Router" field?  Use Apple's
built-in Network Utility.app in /Applications/Utilities.

Admittedly, I've had a few rare instances in Leopard where the CPU
maxes out because of a runaway process (an Apple thing, I don't recall
which one) and I've lost the ability to reach my own cable/DSL router.

--
Eugene
http://www.coxar.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/