[X4U] Verizon Wireless Internet Service

Geoffrey Loeffler geoffrey at alaska.net
Thu Jan 31 04:07:40 PST 2008

I am in a internet challenged area of San Diego and have been using
StarBand Satellite, their price is $89.00 a month, I am lucky to get
750 Kb downloads and am limited to 1 Gig per 7 days or basically 4
Gigs a month. Plus they throttle or slow down the speeds when you hit
about 700 mb or above in a 7 day period, down to 100 K I am tied to
the satellite via standalone ethernet modem connected to an airport
base station.

Verizon offers a 5 Gig plan for $59.00 per month. Nothing to jump
about but cheaper and 1.6 to 1 m.b. down load so faster and not tied
to a dish. Looks like the USB mobile connection would work good in
my  PowerBook G4 1.67 Ghz. OS 10.4.11. Just wondered if anyone had
used Verizons Broadband service for internet use and had any feed
back on it.

Thanks

Geoffrey Loeffler
geoffrey at alaska.net