[X4U] Copy installed Leopard

Paul Moortgat paul.moortgat at pandora.be
Thu Jan 31 08:26:36 PST 2008

Hi Linda,

I used a G5/2.5 and had Tiger on an internal HD.  I copied Tiger to a
500 GB external ATA HD and upgraded this to Leopard 10.5.1.
I'm not gone risk my good internal Tiger for an unreliable new OS X.
So far so good.  No problem it worked for a week.
Then I got a 500 GB SATA drive I had ordered which I installed
internally in the second bay.  First I tried Superduper to copy
Leopard to the internal HD but it failed.
Then I used CCC to do it.  It seemed to work.  I selected the internal
as the startup and got the external instead.  I restated a few times
and each time I got the external HD.
Then I would format the internal HD from Disk Utility and I couldn't.
It was dimmed.  I used the install DVD from Apple and formatted the
internal HD from there.
I used CCC again.  The same result.  Can't start with and can't format
from Disk Utility.  But what's very strange is that it uses Mail from
that internal HD while the external one is in use.  So I lost several
e-mails I got the last days.
I now formatted the internal again and will leave it so until
Superduper is available for Leopard, which is soon as I just got an e-
mail from them.
For the enclosure and HD see <http://www.dsp-memory.de/v1/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=9010&products_id=10005&
 > and <http://www.dsp-memory.de/v1/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35_36&products_id=8639&

Paul Moortgat