[X4U] DVD Studio Pro app menus missing

Brett Conlon brettnlis at bigpond.com
Thu Jan 31 12:58:14 PST 2008

<MacBook Pro 15" / 10.5.1>

I'm wondering if someone can help me nut out a very strange occurrence
happening to my DVD Studio Pro?

Wed, I launched DVD Studio Pro (after not having done so for a few
weeks) and all of the application menus (File, Edit etc.) are missing.

I've tried:
• Rebooting
• Removing the com.apple.dvdstudiopro.plist file
• Removing the User's Library/App Support/Final Cut Studio/DVD Studio
Pro folder (which allowed me to choose the menu setup - I was hopeful
that might wake something up)
• Bogging about in the DVD Studio Pro app's package for menu pref files
• Creating a new user and launching DVDSPro
• Using Pacifist to install a new DVDSPro app (I couldn't see a way to
install DVDSPro from the Final Cut 5 Suite discs without installing
everything else too (all 9+GB) - all were ticked and greyed out)

None of which have fixed my issue. I can't find anything on Apple's
site nor on Google.

I've seen something similar from time to time under Leopard but it
only seemed to occur when I was moving quickly from one app to another
and all I had to do was slowly go out then back into the app and the
menus would appear - can't remember the specific apps I've seen it in.

Any thoughts???? Is there a way to install DVDSPro again via the Final
Cut Studio Install disc without the entire suite or is using Pacifist
on the DVDSPro pkg file enough do you think?

Cheers,

Cojcolds