[X4U] Ext FW Drives in Multiple Mirrored RAIDs Question

Thomas Bulat tombulat at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 10:03:54 PDT 2008

Hi,
I wanted to use my old Quicksilver G4 (using Tiger X.4.11) as a data
server with a collection of 3 or 4 Mirrored Arrays using external
Firewire Drives. Right now I have 8 segate drives in 4 matched pairs.

I had been using these daisy chained, but I just read that it's best to
put the drives on different buses to speed up performance. So that leads
me to this thought: would a PCI Firewire Card provide separate "buses"
and if so can someone please make a recommendation. Or if you have a
better idea, I'd like to know.

Thanks, and so long for now, TOM