[X4U] Well, well

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Jul 23 21:25:42 PDT 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 6:42 PM, zapcat wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2008, at 2:51 PM, Jens Selvig wrote:
>
>> Apple is an arrogant company in some ways...
>
> maybe it's different types of arrogance which we're seeing...
> Apple's is "yeah, we're great" but they actually DO make great stuff.
>
> with m$, it's "You need us so pound sand" and they make lousy
> stuff, yet everyone is forced to use it in the enterprise category.
>
> zc

Great stuff?? yes a little, their mouse suck(a lot) the typical mac
pro max memory is 32GB, so far my 30" monitor has been "OK". The
typical mac pro is not all that expandable drive wise.

Hardware does seem to be pretty reliable a nice plus.

I just don't understand why they don't make the mac pro expandable to
say 128G and have more drive space inside.

There OS software is "OK" (Personally I liked OS/2 better). They need
to focus on software that will cross mac releases and not need
upgrading all the time. That is a major no-no for me.

The OEM software is really a mixed bag from excellent, to, shouldn't
be available for sale because of bugs and crashes.

The software that comes bundled with the OS is average at best. Mail
is a extremely poor competitor to Eudora as an example. Ical is so-so
at best the address book is another ho-hum. Safari is average but
starting to go up, IMO.

The number of fixes, IMO is too high. Someone isn't testing as well
as they should.

The big plus things like easy to network computers and other
"network" items are a really big plus (compared to MS).

Mac got firewire and USB right.

Ed