[X4U] Question that might pertain to quite a few MAC users

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Thu Jun 5 05:14:31 PDT 2008

>On 5 Jun 2008, at 02:38, Ed Gould wrote:
>
>>Is there a way (or application) that will give me some idea what I
>>am currently using in downloads bytes per month?

Simon answered:

>In all likelihood your gateway device will give you usage stats.
>Certainly my old Netgear and current Thomson Speedtouch DSL gateways
>give me such info. Once I do the math, over the last 5 days I've
>been averaging 0.2GB sent each day with 1GB being received.

Simon, how do you access that information? I have a cable modem to
which I attached an Airport Extreme (white "flying saucer" type) and
all our computers access the internet via the Airport Extreme. Is
there some way to find out our stats for the household using that
setup? If not, if I were to attach the cable modem directly to my
computer, how would I get the stats from that?

Daly