[X4U] itunes won't import to itunes music folder

ritemehere at gmail.com ritemehere at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 17:26:22 PDT 2008

hi - i am having a problem where itunes is importing into ~music/
itunes  rather than into ~music/itunes//itunes music.  this has been
going on for about a week, the older music is where it should  be.

my music is stored on an NAS - a buffalo linkstation  attached to an
airport extreme.  i have an alias from the NAS itunes in the local
music folder that itunes points to.  I've had this set up a while and
it's always worked.

i don't know if it matters but i was locked out of itunes twice
recently - the message "the disc is locked or you don't have
sufficient privileges".  solved that by replacing the itunes data file
with a backup.

thanks for the help.  i appreciate it, eric