[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Fri Jun 13 21:11:48 PDT 2008

At 9:22 PM -0400 6/13/08, Wayne Clodfelter wrote:
>Yes, I know somebody is going to reply and tell me they think
>Leopard is fantastic. Well, I am using it, and I'm not impressed.
>But if you think its wonderful. that's fine.
>
>I just wish Apple had released an OS built for speed and stability
>instead of Leopard, rather than following Leopard.

Based on my wife and son's results with 10.5.x on my wife's Mac Book,
I'm still running 10.4.11 on my G5 2x2.  From what I've seen it is
far too unstable to let anywhere near my system.  Worst part is, I
bought a family pack, and might never install it on anything other
than her system.

Of course the other problem is I am *STILL* using ClarisDraw.  I just
can't seem to get off of that app, even though I have own copies of
Illustrator CS3 and Integlio.  This is kind of like how it took me
forever to move off 10.3.9 due to 10.4 removing support for classic
Appletalk shares (which I used for accessing OpenVMS data).

Zane