[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Dave B DaveB_Lists_1004 at gto.net
Sat Jun 14 19:17:02 PDT 2008

Now there, Ed!

You need to settle down and have a nice refreshing glass of Steve's
Kool-Aid. You'll feel right as rain and be happy to spend $199 (plus a
2 year contact) for your new iPhone so you can have the privilege of
buying your applications/music/movies from the stores.

But honestly, I'm not mad at Apple and co. I'm mad at me, us, and
everyone else who keeps encouraging them. Apple keeps making money
because we keep spending it in their direction. When we spend it, we
vote. "We" have been voting in favour of the iPhone, the MacBook Air
and Leopard. Ignorant fools that we are...

I'll be dammed if I'm going to pay for Snow Leopard. I've been paying
for Leopard every day since I bought and installed it.  Bug fixes have
been slow to come and I'm not about to pay for them just because Apple
put's a name on them. I bought a defective product and I want it
fixed. Now! I don't pay to be a beta tester, I get paid to be one!!!

Yes, M$ is much, much worse, and there isn't a flavour of Linux that
I'm comfortable enough with to switch to full time yet. But the reason
the grass is so green 'over here' is because we've had so much
fertilizer spread around lately.

Dave
(Yes Ed, I agree with you fully! Let the flames begin...)
---
4 ''pearls'' that are vital to success in the software industry.

2 Things to avoid...
Underestimating yourself
Overestimating your competition

2 Things to remember...
The customer is not only right - but they are EVERYTHING
The code will NEVER be finished to your own satisfaction - define what
you want to release then release there - the temptation to just keep
adding features is over powering.