[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Sat Jun 14 20:56:49 PDT 2008

On Jun 14, 2008, at 9:17 PM, Dave B wrote:

> Now there, Ed!
>
> You need to settle down and have a nice refreshing glass of Steve's
> Kool-Aid. You'll feel right as rain and be happy to spend $199
> (plus a 2 year contact) for your new iPhone so you can have the
> privilege of buying your applications/music/movies from the stores.
>
> But honestly, I'm not mad at Apple and co. I'm mad at me, us, and
> everyone else who keeps encouraging them. Apple keeps making money
> because we keep spending it in their direction. When we spend it,
> we vote. "We" have been voting in favour of the iPhone, the MacBook
> Air and Leopard. Ignorant fools that we are...
>
> I'll be dammed if I'm going to pay for Snow Leopard. I've been
> paying for Leopard every day since I bought and installed it.  Bug
> fixes have been slow to come and I'm not about to pay for them just
> because Apple put's a name on them. I bought a defective product
> and I want it fixed. Now! I don't pay to be a beta tester, I get
> paid to be one!!!
>
> Yes, M$ is much, much worse, and there isn't a flavour of Linux
> that I'm comfortable enough with to switch to full time yet. But
> the reason the grass is so green 'over here' is because we've had
> so much fertilizer spread around lately.
>
> Dave
> (Yes Ed, I agree with you fully! Let the flames begin...)
> ---
> 4 ''pearls'' that are vital to success in the software industry.
>
> 2 Things to avoid...
> Underestimating yourself
> Overestimating your competition
>
> 2 Things to remember...
> The customer is not only right - but they are EVERYTHING
> The code will NEVER be finished to your own satisfaction - define
> what you want to release then release there - the temptation to
> just keep adding features is over powering.
> -------------------SNIP------------------------

I have stayed out of the iphone crap mainly because I can barely
handle my own stupid phone. The people who designed it really do not
have a clue for everyday use. I *WILL* not relearn how to use *ANY*
phone. I will not do sour apples against Apple alone it is *ALL*
phones. It literally takes me a year to get used to any new phone
even then I can't do simple things like add peoples phone numbers to
it, I have to give it to a friend to do that. I also cannot figure
out how to turn the ring off so if I am out with friends I hand my
phone to them to do it. Yes I am a stuck in the mud person but I
really do need a simple phone not one that has bells and whistles on
it (like the iphone). Right now I am awaiting for my contract is up
so I can switch phones so I can sync with ICAL.

The second to the last straw that Apple did was to come out with the
MACBOOK air, its probably OK for people that have more money than
brains.

Ed