[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Linda xpressobean at mac.com
Sun Jun 15 11:52:09 PDT 2008

On 6/15/08 12:03 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> The Macbook Air *MIGHT* be OK for CEO's and the like.

It's okay for anyone who wants one, who understands the features and will
use it.

> The idea for a CEO is to be fiscally
> conservative not throw money away. Buying one shows to me that the
> person is over paid and does not respect the company stockholders.

After lugging my 17" PowerBook around through airport security, I would buy
one to use just when traveling. For example. And no, even though I'm not a
big corporate CEO, if I can do my job better, with a better tool, then why
not let me, whether or not my company is publicly held?

And what about people who aren't CEOs who still just want one?

Life is full of choices that people make that they upgrade for "no good
reason". Some people will buy a Camry instead of a Corolla, when a Corolla
will fill their needs. Some people will buy Ben & Jerry's ice cream, when
the store brand at 1/3 price will fill their needs (then again, who NEEDS
ice cream?). Some people will buy New Balance or Asics rather than the store
brand sneaker. Some people will buy an iPod Video rather than a less
expensive Nano... So why the hostility toward people who chose to upgrade
their purchase to a more expensive MacBook Air?

Help me understand, please?

~Linda