[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Sun Jun 15 12:38:25 PDT 2008

On Jun 15, 2008, at 1:03 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> The Macbook Air *MIGHT* be OK for CEO's and the like. But as a
> stockholder I would rather see them squander the money on something
> that will make them better executives.
We're probably all stockholders in one company or another. As a
stockholder of Apple I sure want them to sell more of the Macbook
Airs. Don't think that a computer will make an executive better, or
worse. It's only a tool.

> Not just eye candy which is what the MACBOOK Air really is.
You have to get away from your centrist view that if you don't like
something it's simply not worth having, and whoever buys it must do so
for some lack of intellectual shortcoming. Do you understand that
you're insulting other people or do you not care?

> The idea for a CEO is to be fiscally  conservative not throw money
> away. Buying one shows to me that the person is over paid and does
> not respect the company stockholders. If he owns the company then he/
> she can do whatever they want.
If a CEO is squandering the company's assets, let the board handle
that. They are closer to the situation than any outsider. A few
Macbook Airs surely won't impact dividends or the stock price. And if
you think that a CEO bought a Macbook Air then sell the stock in that
company.

There are more things in life to worry about than what somebody else
is buying. Let's worry about Mac problems and help each other out
where possible.