[X4U] End of the line for PPC support from Apple

Shawn King shawn at yourmaclifeshow.com
Mon Jun 16 07:14:28 PDT 2008

On 6/15/08 6:39 PM, "Ed Gould" <edgould1948 at comcast.net> wrote:

> Well for one a CEO does not *LUG* computers around they have people
> to handle life's little drudgeries.

Hundreds of thousands of CEO's lug their own stuff around.

>  If it were to do any serious
> work it would need a DVD/CDROM in it.

Not true at all. There are hundreds of tasks done every day that do not
require a DVD/CDROM.

> I know everyone of my friends
> and some high level types that demand a DVD/CDROM on their computer
> and they work for a living:)

So do many of us and I'm sure many of us could get along just fine without a
DVD/CDROM.

> Again you are taking this personally

Because you are making it personal.

> Do you think a CEO is really worried about upgrades? Nope if he wants
> it he gets it and the stockholders are getting less dividends. Yea I
> know maybe a 1/10th of a penny (at most) for each share.

That's not even logical. What if a company doesn't give out dividends, like
Apple? By your reasoning, it's therefore OK to get a MBA.
--
Shawn King
Host/Executive Producer